An effective occupational health and safety management system will help you to protect and enhance your most important asset, your people, to drive business excellence.
ISO 45001 benefits
- Increase organisational resilience through proactive risk prevention, innovation and continual improvement
Strengthening of legal and regulatory compliance whilst reducing business losses
Demonstrates brand responsibility by committing to safe, healthy and sustainable work
One global occupational health and safety system for all businesses, of all sizes
Why ISO 45001 is good for your organization
ISO 45001 is designed to prevent work-related injury and ill-health and to provide safe and healthy workplaces.
As an international standard, ISO 45001 crosses geographic, political, economic, commercial and social boundaries. This sets a single benchmark for the management of occupational health and safety. So if your organization operates or trades internationally, you can work to a single standard which can simplify your business.
Whether you are currently working to BS OSHAS 18001 or country specific standards such as ANSI/ASSE Z10 2012, CAN/CSA-Z1000-14, AS/NZS 48001:2001 or others, you can upgrade to ISO 45001 now.
Or if you are new to occupational health and safety management it’s a great framework to put into your business to build organizational resilience.
Who is ISO 45001 suitable for?
The standard is flexible and can be adapted to manage occupational health and safety and suits a wide range of organizations including:
- Large organizations and enterprises
- Small and medium-sized enterprises
- Public and not-for-profit organizations
- Non-government organizations (NGOs) and charities
Get started with ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
Step 1 of 3: Getting Started
Interested in understanding more about ISO 45001 and how you can introduce it to your organization? Here’s how we can help you to start working with it today.
You need to:
Buy the standard
and read it; understand the content, your requirements and how it will improve your business
so we can propose a solution aligned to the needs of your organization
We help you to:
- Understand the standard
- Download a copy of our Introduction to ISO 45001 to help you understand the standard
- Learn about what your organization will need to do and share ideas and experiences with your peers at our AVN ISO 45001 Requirements training course
Why choose ISO 45001?
At AVN we have the expertise and knowledge to help you to get the most from ISO 45001. Our industry experts, our comprehensive support materials and our training courses delivered by tutors with years of practical industry knowledge mean we’re best placed to help you understand the standard.
Implementing ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
Step 2 of 3: Implementation
We have great resources and support services to help you start implementing ISO 45001 into your organization.
You need to:
- Ensure your organization understands the principles of ISO 45001, the roles individuals need to play and review your activities and processes against the standard. If you need to let your top management know more about the standard, download and share our ISO 45001 CEO briefing
We help you:
- Know what needs to be done to implement the standard successfully at the AVN Implementing ISO 45001 training course
- Understand where your OH&S management system still needs work in order to be certified, contact us to book an optional gap assessment or download a copy of our ISO 45001 Implementation guide
Top tips for implementing ISO 45001
- Get commitment and support from senior management
- Engage the whole business with good internal communication
- Compare your existing systems with ISO 45001 requirements
- Establish an implementation team to get the best results
- Map out and share roles, responsibilities and timescales
Certification to ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
Step 3: Certification
ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management system certification is hassle-free. You’ll be appointed a AVN Client Manager, a trusted expert with relevant industry experience to your business, who can guide you through the process.
You need to:
- Contact us to book your certification assessment once you are ready; this is a two-stage process where the length varies based on the size of your organization
- Ensure all the right people in your organization are available and prepared for the audit visit(s)
- If all the requirements are in place, we’ll assess your processes and the implementation of ISO 45001 within your organization to make sure that they are working effectively as required for certification
The benefits of achieving certification to ISO 45001
Organizations who have adopted an Occupational Health and Safety management system tell us with AVN they benefit in the following ways:
- 79% Helps us comply with regulations
- 64% Helps us manage business risk
- 57% Inspires trust in our business
- 55% Helps protect our business